Why do I need to register for MyPSC?

The GaPSC issues all correspondence and credentials electronically through MyPSC accounts, providing educators immediate access to view and print official documents. Educators also have the option of submitting applications and supporting documentation through their MyPSC account, which is much faster than sending them through the U.S. mail.

When trying to register, I get this error message: The data you entered requires additional information. What should I do?

Please email with your full legal name, date of birth, and Certification ID (if you have one). We will assist you to complete your registration. In some cases, we may ask you to call our office to complete the process.

I do not have a Social Security Number. How can I register for MyPSC?

Please email us at so that we can assist you in registering for an account.


I am waiting for an email with my temporary password, but it has not arrived. What should I do?

If you are trying to register for MyPSC or reset your password, you will be sent an email with a temporary password that can take up to 24 hours to arrive. Please be sure to check your junk mail or spam folder. If you entered a secondary email address, please check that account as well.

My email address has changed, and I have forgotten my password. How can I access my account?

Your account must be reset. Please send an email to with your first and last name and your Certification ID. The email subject line must read: MyPSC Account Reset Request.
Please note that this will reset the entire account, and you will need to re-register for MyPSC. Your Certification ID will remain the same.

How can I retrieve my Certification ID if I cannot login to my MyPSC account?

Use the Certification ID Lookup at:


My legal name has changed, or the name on my certificate is not my full legal name. How can I change the name on my Credential/MyPSC account?

You may change your name by submitting an application for a Name Change through the Applications tab of your MyPSC account. If you do not have a Verification of Lawful Presence (VLP) on record, or if you are not a U.S. citizen, completed VLP documentation is required for this transaction. Please visit this page for more information.

My address or other personal information has changed. How can I update it?

Once you are logged into your MyPSC account, you can update your physical address, email address, phone number, and security questions by clicking “Account” in the red navigation menu bar, then clicking “Edit” at the bottom of that page. Be sure to save your changes. You cannot change your name through your MyPSC account. Please see the previous question about changing your name.


What will I find in each section of MyPSC?

Once you are logged into your MyPSC account, the links in the blue MyPSC Dashboard menu allow you to access different tools and resources:
  • Home

    The welcome page for your MyPSC account.

  • Credential

    You may view and print your certificate or license here.

  • Assessments

    You may view any certification assessments you have passed and request eligibility to take GACE assessments here.

  • Applications

    You may submit a certification application or upload supporting documentation for an application you have already submitted here. You may also view your Case History in order to monitor the status of applications (including name change, renewal, and all other actions requiring an application form) and submission of subsequent documents you have submitted.

  • Documents

    You may view any documents that are in your electronic certification file here.

  • Payment

    You may pay a certification application fee with a credit or debit card here.

  • Correspondence

    You may view any letters or official communication issued to you by the Certification Division here.

  • Program

    You may confirm your enrollment in an educator certification program here. If you are not currently enrolled in an educator certification program; or if you are enrolled in an out-of-state program and will not be completing student teaching in Georgia, you do not need to use this section of MyPSC.

  • edTPA

    You may request your edTPA registration code here, provided you have already verified your enrollment in a Georgia educator preparation program.

  • Certificate Upgrade Advisor

    You can directly link to this online tool if you're seeking an advanced degree to upgrade the level of your current certificate.

Is the certificate or license available in MyPSC an official document?

Yes. This certificate is the same as what educators received in the mail prior to MyPSC. For the certificate to be in color, you would just use a color printer. Certificates and licenses may be verified by anyone on our website at If you would like the GaPSC to mail you a notarized copy of your certificate, you must submit an application requesting a certificate copy and a $20 fee.

Mailing Address

Georgia Professional Standards Commission
200 Piedmont Avenue SE
Suite 1702, West Tower
Atlanta, GA 30334-9032


Phone Contact

(404) 232-2500
Metro Atlanta and Long Distance Line

(800) 869-7775
Toll Free Outside the Metro Atlanta Area

Our Certification Call Center is open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, except for state holidays.

Human Trafficking Notice

Call now or click here to learn more.